A long time ago, probably over a year at this point, Kris and her husband Tom gave us some molasses cookies they made. Well, they were SO AWESOME I asked for the recipe. Then, sadly, it took forever to get around to making them. So I made them for this past Christmas and they were just as delicious as we remembered.
Here are the little pre-baked balls ready for baking:
Post-baking and oh so ready for my tummy!
1 1/2 cups butter-flavored crisco
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup molasses
4 cups flour
4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1. cream crisco and sugar.
2. add molasses and eggs, beat well.
3. sift dry ingredients, then add to wet ingredients and mix well.
4. chill batter.
5. roll batter into 1-inch balls.
6. dip tops of balls into sugar and placed on a greased cookie sheet sugar side up.
7. bake 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Thanks a million to Kris for sharing the recipe - we love love love them!